2016 Louisville Polar Plunge
presented by Doc's Cantina
Saturday, March 5, 2016
Brown-Forman Amphitheater by the Big Four Bridge
|The Polar Plunge presented by Doc's Cantina is one of the biggest Special Olympics fundraisers of the year. The Plunge is a truly unique event and includes a fun, festive atmosphere with food and great prizes. The Plunge works just like a Walk-a-Thon, but with one big twist. Participants still solicit donations to support their effort (a BEAR minimum of $75 to take part or $50 for Junior Plungers), but instead of walking, Polar Bears take a chilly dip into the Ohio River off the docks at Doc's Cantina by the Big Four Bridge in Louisville.|
Last year, the Polar Plunge raised $225,000 to support the efforts of Special Olympics Kentucky athletes.
For more information about the 2016 Polar Plunge, contact Jennifer McMahon at 502-326-5002 or email@example.com
Getting Started is easy...
1. Click the "Register Here" button above, then select Form a Team, Join a Team or Join as an Individual - and follow the step-by-step instructions.
2. Next, using the My HQ page, send your friends and family e-mails to let them know you're jumping for the athletes of Special Olympics Kentucky! They can join your team, if you created one, or send you an on-line donation.
3. Sign in and pick up your prizes and Plunge wristband (you MUST have your wristband to Plunge) at either Early Check-In at Doc's Cantina on March 3 or at the Registration tables on the day of the Plunge.
NOTE: Even if you sign up on-line, you still MUST check in one of these two days.
4. Then join us Saturday, March 5, and Take the Plunge!
5. Each time you return to this Web site, Log In to your My HQ Page and check your progress!
SECURE YOUR SPOT IN THE IGLOO OUTPOST TAILGATING AREA
Be one of the Top 5 Fundraising teams when we close the contest at 5 pm on Feb. 29 ($5,000 minimum raised) and you will reserve your team's spot in the Igloo Outpost tailgate area.
Winning teams will receive a 10 Parking Space Area to set up your team's tailgate party (no more than 4 spaces can be used for vehicle parking) in a prime area near the Brown-Forman Amphitheater.
You will have the opportunity to bring in tents, chairs, coolers etc. (must be in by 9:30 am) and set up your party space, making the Coolest Event in Louisville even more fun for your group.
For more information contact Jennifer at 502-326-5002 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, March 3
Special Olympics Kentucky Office
1230 Liberty Bank Ln.; Suite 140
Skip the lines on Saturday morning! If you have all your funds raised, we will finish your registration process early!
Saturday, March 5
Doc's Cantina by the Big Four Bridge
9:00 am-Noon - On-Site Check-In
10:00 am - Opening Ceremonies
10:15 am - Plunging begins & Costume Contest
Noon – Awards Break
12:30 pm - All plungers must be on-site
For the most up to date Plunge information and a look at the life of Glacier the official Polar Plunge Spokesbear, Like the Official Kentucky Polar Plunge Facebook Page.
Don't know a Polar Bear to support? Why not support the Official Polar Plunge spokesbear? Visit Glacier the Bear's personal Plunge page and make a donation today. Your contribution will go directly to support Special Olympics athletes!